D something....

Last year at this time I had just returned to Singapore after an 8-month hiatus in the States, mostly California. After visiting churches that support our mission we moved to Berkeley so I could begin a DMin program. It was an exhilarating experience at the Graduate Theological Union. Great conversations, a marvelous time of updating my knowledge, researching and writing. I loved it. After completely 13 1/2 semester units (out of 18 course work needed before beginning my project) I returned. I thought tentatively to return in a year to finish things off during the January session. But that didn't happen.

Reflecting on the value of my time at Berkeley, I see several options: 1) scrap my Singapore plans, go back and finish; 2) enroll with the seminary here (DTh, which is a lot different); 3) Re-enroll in a PhD program; 4) never mind the doctorate idea - be thankful for the exposure and go sip wine under an oak tree.

Certainly, there are worse problems in the world.

georgos

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Retirement and Lung Disease - The New Journey

Acts of giving thanks (Guest Writer: Walt Martzen)

The seige of Gondor and my health condition