Health update: July 28

 Here is the latest. Last week we heard from the transplant team at the UCLA Medical Center.  I have been dropped from the program due to my gastric problem and weight loss, but they assured me that once that is resolved, I could be reinstated, and hopefully placed on the wait list asap.  Needless to say, my primary focus is on that weight gain.  I've had several important conversations recently with a nutritionist and the gastroenterology doctor to help me get me weight up again.  The nutritionist basically reminded me to eat 4-5 caloric rich meals each day. The gastroenterologist also highlighted that my body is working overtime, so my I'm more tense and constantly burning calories.  Pray for me, that I can be relaxed enough and welcoming of those nutrients, so can get back with the UCLA program.  Pray also for Chin Cheak as she has taken on most of the household chores as well as caring for me. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Retirement and Lung Disease - The New Journey

Acts of giving thanks (Guest Writer: Walt Martzen)

The seige of Gondor and my health condition